Opportunity to join our purpose driven and fun team
Python Developer - Full Time
LightFi is a London based CleanTech IoT startup that has taken on the challenge of reducing carbon emissions from the biggest polluting industry - our buildings. LightFi was founded in 2016 by three PhD physicists, with a motivation to make every building healthier and more energy efficient. Using our unique occupancy sensing technology we are making this more accessible than ever before. We are a small focussed team with clients that are some of the biggest and most well known companies in the world.
Applications open until 31 May 2019. Applications considered on rolling basis.
Don't delay in applying!
We are looking for motivated developers with the skills and experience to help scale our unique sensor solution. You will be working closely with the technical lead on product development, increasing robustness and scalability of our IoT sensor product as well as developing new solutions for advanced smart building control and analytics. You should be comfortable scaling learning curves and utilising new knowledge quickly. We expect that you will be able to contribute to our entire stack, from embedded devices to cloud infrastructure and web frontend, as well as helping oversee the integrity of the codebase. You will have the opportunity to become a senior figure within a close-knit company in a fast growing sector with large growth potential and a purpose and vision to make every building smarter, healthier and more environmentally friendly.
- Python 3 - experience in writing clean and robust code. Python is used extensively throughout our stack on both device and cloud.
- Linux - particularly use and management of embedded devices, remote management, shell scripting, patching etc.
- Amazon Web Services - We use AWSIoT, DynamoDB, Lambda, Cognito and more.
Nice to have
- IoT, automation or building control - We will be deploying code and products for ventilation control in commercial building
- Flask - Web platform and API provided through severless flask application, this role need not be working directly on web platform but familiarity in this area will be desirable for integration.
- Wireless networking - Understanding of wireless networking protocols, packet structure and usage.