Opportunity to join our purpose driven and fun team
Python Developer - Full Time
Our purpose is to reduce energy consumption and cut carbon emissions using our IoT product in one of the most polluting industries - our buildings. Founded by three PhD physicists, LightFi is rapidly creating traction with clients that are some of the biggest and most well known companies in the world.
We are a a fast growing hardware tech company with a close-knit and fun loving team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire stack and have a big influence on the success and growth of our core product and business.
WHERE - London, Soho
Please get in touch to find out about future roles!
We are looking for motivated developers with the skills and experience to help scale our unique IoT sensor solution.
- You will be working closely with the technical lead on product development, increasing robustness and scalability of our IoT sensor product as well as developing new solutions for advanced smart building control and analytics.
- You should be comfortable scaling learning curves and utilising new knowledge quickly. You will be able to contribute to our entire stack, from embedded devices to cloud infrastructure and web frontend, as well as helping oversee the integrity of the codebase.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Python 3 - experience in writing clean and robust code. Python is used extensively throughout our stack on both device and cloud.
YOU'VE GOT EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Linux - particularly use and management of embedded devices, remote management, shell scripting, patching etc.
- Amazon Web Services - We use AWSIoT, DynamoDB, Lambda, Cognito and more.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
- IoT, automation or building control - We will be deploying code and products for ventilation control in commercial building
- Flask - Web platform and API provided through severless flask application, this role need not be working directly on web platform but familiarity in this area will be desirable for integration.
- Wireless networking - Understanding of wireless networking protocols, packet structure and usage.
- Embedded Devices
- AWS Lambda
- Remote Device Management
- Wireless Networking
- Shell Scripting
- £42,000 (negotiable depending on experience and skill)
You will find purpose, doing something good and getting paid for it. There are immense learning and personal development opportunities to improve and expand your skill-set.